Wednesday, January 11, 2012

#275: Joyce Meyer


Pauline Joyce Hutchison Meyer is a Charismatic Christian author, speaker, and televangelist whose drivel is extensively distributed – her television and radio programs air in 39 languages in 200 countries. And she has written over 90 books (she’s a seemingly endless source trivialities, fluff, unsupported assertions and HR talk). Her husband Dave is a staunch supporter and helper. She also has a doctorate from Life Christian University. Guess whether that one is accredited (but she also has an honorary degree from Oral Roberts university…). Her deepfelt genuine altruism and care for people in difficult situations have earned her several homes and a private jet (described in detail here). 

She’s an adherent of the prosperity gospel. Meyer’s ministry was one of the six put under investigation by Chuck Grassley’s window-dresser commission: “We laid hands on the check and prayed. I went and got all of our checkbooks and my pocketbook and Dave got his wallet and we laid hands on them and put the blood on them, asking God to protect our money, to cause it to multiply and to see to it that Satan could not steal any of it from us”. To ensure that people use their hard-earned money to make Meyer’s fortune multiply, she also panders a pretty bleak view of what will happen if you don’t follow her teachings (see here (this link has not been carefully controlled for content)).

Diagnosis: Should probably be filed under fraud, but whatever – she must probably believe at least some of the garbage that pours from her mouth. Very dangerous.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, I was reading this article today and a co-worker was walking by my desk and said, excitedly: "Is that Joyce Meyer! I listen to her every day! She's so inspirational! What are you looking at?"

    o_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a link to this blog a long time ago but I think this is the first time I looked it. It's fair to call it a real encyclopedia. If I ever want information about one of America's professional idiots this is where I'm sure to find it. Many thanks for your hard work.

    http://darwinkilledgod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been on your blog. Nice echo chamber you have there.

      Delete
  3. Lat I looked Avarice is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, Ms Meyers. Enjoy your stay in Hell.

    ReplyDelete